Our practice is committed to protecting your eye health with the most advanced technology available, and we are excited to announce that our comprehensive eye exam now includes the iWellness Exam.
The iWellnessExam uses state-of-the-art spectral domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) to produce high definition images of the layers of the retina (sensitive area of the back of the eye). Often compared to an MRI or CT scan, SD-OCT images provide stunning details of retinal structures that are not visible with other examination techniques or tests. This is important because it enables the doctor to detect very early signs of vision threatening disease, such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and others. When diagnosed early, these conditions are easier to treat, slowing progression and often avoiding vision loss.
Did you know…
- Sight-threatening eye diseases often have no outward signs or symptoms in the early stages.
- State-of-the-art technology can help your doctor see early signs of these diseases.
- Early detection and treatment of eye disease may reduce your risk of vision loss
Regular iWellness Exams can help your doctor detect common eye diseases:
- Diabetic Retinopathy (DR)
- Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD)